Women’s Rights and Gender Equality Think Tank Convening
“2016-2018 – A glance at Women’s Human Rights: Stocktaking, Opportunities and Responsibility”
The Women’s Coalition of Zimbabwe (WCoZ)- fully cognizant that a feminist thought leadership drives strategic direction to the women’s rights agenda, will be convening a Women’s Rights Think Tank to collectively review the status of Women Human Rights (WHR). The convening shall be a platform for women to collectively reflect on the status of women human rights upholding from the period 2016-2018 and co-create a feminist driven post-election advocacy agenda to strengthen women’s effective participation and positioning in governance processes in Zimbabwe.
The main objective of the Women’s Rights and Gender Equality Think Tank is to share experiences and observations from various sectors from the period 2016 – 2018 to assess the political, economic, social, legal and environmental implications on the status quo for women in Zimbabwe’s communities and collectively map a strategic way forward.
To enhance women’s access to participation and influence of governance
- PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS (15 Participants per Chapter)
The Composition of participants will be as follows as follows:
- Gender Equality and Women’s Rights Activists
- Civil Society Organizations working on gender equality and women’s empowerment issues, including, among others, youth organizations, people with disabilities, particularly disabled women.
- Representatives from the Media
- Representatives from the Ministry of Women’s Affairs
will be closed until date 2018/11/06 08:00