LAUNCH OF THE 2018 SADC GENDER PROTOCOL BAROMETER
The 2018 SADC Gender Protocol Barometer put a spotlight on the inter-linked gender justice issues of our time including menstrual health, comprehensive sexual education, teenage pregnancies, safe abortion, maternal health, GBV, HIV and Aids, and sexual diversity. In 2018 the Southern African Gender Protocol Alliance is stretching its Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Campaign from 28 September (International Safe Abortion Day) through to the Sixteen Days of Activism that runs from 25 November, International Day of No Violence Against Women, to 10 December, Human Rights Day.
- Lobby for specific policy or legislation on for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in Zimbabwe.
- Lobby for legislation and provision of services to for safe, legal abortions in 15 SADC countries.
- Strengthen the provision of SRHR services and maternal health services.
- Improve the provision of SRHR services for adolescents, including information, menstrual health and access to contraceptives.
- Improve access to menstrual health products.
- Promote effective gender-based violence (GBV) prevention, response and support mechanisms.
- Advocate for increased focus and investment on HIV and AIDS prevention